1. Where was the Derby held during the two World Wars?
2. Which course celebrated 100 years of racing in July 1987?
3. Which European flat race is run annually on the first Sunday in October?
4. Which gossip columnist was owner of My Purple Prose?
5. Which Grand National winner of the 80s was named after a lighthouse?
6. Which horse gave Lester Piggott his first Royal Ascot winner?
7. Which horse was the first to win both the Derby and the St Leger?
8. Which horse, in 1977, became the first to win the Mackeson and Hennessy in the same season?
9. Which is the oldest British flat classic race?
10. Which jockey had most Classic wins before Lester Piggott?
11. Which jockey riding Shergar in 1981 won in his first Derby ride?
12. Which jockey won the 1970 St Leger on Nijinsky?
13. Which jockey won the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe from 1985 to 1987 on three different horses?
14. Which race came first, the 1000 Guineas or 2000 Guineas?
15. Which race is known as ‘The Publicans’ Derby’?
16. Which trainer, who died in 1983 aged 95, saddled 13 Classic winners?
17. Which trainer’s autobiography was called ‘The Glorious Uncertainty’?
18. Which was the first horse to win two Grand Nationals?
19. Which was the first racecourse equipped with a photo-
20. Who is the St Leger named after?
Click here for the answers